Search This Blog

January 09, 2010

Skating Sweden (no wine content)


This entry has nothing to do with wine and is just to show one of many beautiful sights you can get in Sweden - even down in the south. This 'pond' is a small kind-of-laguna of the Baltic sea and during sommer months a bird protection area (you see the bird tower for all the ornithologists). It is now solidly frozen and the children get a lot of skating done around here. Looks wonderful and rather exotic for us Germans (though it is record cold in Germany too, right now, I understand). Where I grew up, you could never trust the ice on any pond! Mothers freaking out, when kids only got near them. Difficult still for me to see my children on frozen water bodies (I'd prefer the artificial ones, as picturesque it lookes)...

No comments:

Post a Comment