Search This Blog

April 20, 2010

Finally! Naked man in wine shelf

Girls get ready! Finally! A naked man in the wine shelves. It was about time....!

It is a German Riesling, from the winery Wuertz in Rheinhessen that comes to Scandinavia in a bag-in-box. 'Mein Wein' was launched in Oslo today, I assume it won't take long until it comes to Sweden.

Had it been a naked girl, the wine would not have had a chance - too strong are the feministic powers up here. But a naked man! won't offend the girls (most likely rather make them happy) and the boys won't care too much - as long as the wine is good and has some alcohol.

Too bad, I do not like BIB. And I am not sure, I like the naked man picture. It is a little intimidating to have seen Dirk without clothes before I ever got to meet him personally. (I guess, my face will be flashing all red, when I see him somewhere in Germany, once I am back) But, thanks to social media, where I got to see his winetastings and more, I sure think he is a fun and innovative guy!

And whether I personally like it or not - from a marketing point of view, this is a success already. His name and winery will be remembered and referred to for a long time to come.

If you want to see the BIB, go to http://wuertz-wein.de/wordpress/2010/04/20/nackt-auf-der-box/.

2 comments: