Search This Blog

May 23, 2010

Tim Adams Riesling, Australia


2007 Tim Adams Riesling
Clare Valley, Australia
139 sek (ca 14 €)
♥♥

100% Riesling
12 % abv.

Pale lemon-green color. Medium intense aromas of apple and citrus, hints of spice and clearly petrol are also reflected on the palate, together with hints of pineapple. The typical high Riesling acidity is making this dry and light-to-medium-bodied wine nice and fresh. The alcohol just melts in. Nicely balanced, that is what my tastebuds tell me. Grown up with Riesling from the Pfalz, my reference is and will of course always be more 'spritzig' wines, but I like this one, because of the nice petrol tones. I had bought this wine for a twitter wine tasting, which I did not attend in the end. Who knows, if I had seen it otherwise?

We had this with a nice Italian salad, with a fresh vinaigrette. Yum!

Clare Valley is one of the cooler regions and here as well as in Eden Valley, Australia's best Rieslings are made. Both districts belong to the region of South Australia, where almost half of Australia's wine is produced. Here also the famous Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and more are found.


Tim Adams winery was established in 1987 and they are named in many famous wine guides as among the best. Read more here...

I like how they give you the recommendation of how long you can keep this wine:

No comments:

Post a Comment