Search This Blog

August 26, 2010

Vines and Peace

Thursday, 26/8/2010, 8:30 a.m. A moment of total harmony and inner peace for me.

Having dropped of the children at their school, I drove along one of my favorite roads which connects the small villages of Gimmeldingen and Königsbach, north of Neustadt. I just had to stop the car, jump out and take this photo. Wrong light to take a picture, as the sun was already too strong, this result here is far from what the moment was. However, if I can only give you a fraction of the beauty I am experiencing, I'm happy for you. 22 degr. C, a little breeze, total quietness and - vines. Full of grapes ready to be harvested soon. At the horizon, pointing south-east, the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) region is visible.


View Larger Map (I am not standing at 'A', but further south on the same road, Neubergstrasse, Königsbach is the village to the north and south of it lies Gimmeldingen.)

2 comments:

  1. Aahhhh.....22 degrees....I wish I had 22 degrees....Oups, sorry....this was about YOUR moment, wasn't it? :-)
    Sounds like a lovely moment - I'm glad you had the presence to stop and savor it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I wouldn't mind your temperatures (but maybe I would, who knows) from the Carolinas...

    ReplyDelete