Thursday, July 6, 2017

Vegan Alphabet Pasta & Lentil Soup

Tags

Hi everyone!

I made this healthy vegan soup the other night when the twins and I were fighting a cold. I remember eating alphabet or star shaped pasta as a little girl growing up when I was sick. And tomato and alphabet pasta soup by my grand-ma was my favourite soup!

I hope your little ones will enjoy it. James preferred eating the pasta and tried to remove most of the vegetables but he was sick so hopefully next time he will eat some of the zucchini and carrots too or I am thinking of cutting them even smaller so they can't pick them out haha life with toddlers!






Alphabet Pasta & Lentil Soup:

  • 1/3 diced onion (my twins are not huge fans of onions but you could add more)
  • 1 clove of garlic crushed
  • 2 zucchinis diced small
  • 2 carrots diced small
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of cooked lentils
  • 6 cups of vegetable stock
  • 1 tsp of italian dried herbs
  • 1 cup of alphabet/kids pasta
  • 1 cup of baby spinach



  1. Dice all the vegetables and cook for 1 few minutes with the onion and garlic in a large pot in a little bit of olive oil,
  2. Add in the vegetable stock and diced tomatoes and boil then reduce to medium heat,
  3. Add in the pasta and lentils (drained and rinsed) and cook until the pasta are cooked.
  4. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add in the spinach at the end. 
  5. Season to taste. Serve with crusty bread. 





EmoticonEmoticon