Monday, October 16, 2017

How To Cure Persistent Cough Using Steamed Orange with Salt

Tags


Here is one more home remedy for cough. This is for general cough especially for the persistence ones.

Please note that this is more for the cough that doesn’t go away. It is not the home remedy to be used when you or your love one catch a cold. Please seek professional help for those. Of course, this home remedy will not make the situation worse, but it will not help with cold, fever, and other acute symptoms.


So, why orange, not tangerine? The main reason is that I have difficulty telling them apart, so I just picked one that sounds better in my ears. From my experience, both works well, and both work slightly differently. I believe if you look around online, you will be able to find some home remedy for both of them. Here is the basic rule of thumb.

  • Both orange and tangerine has the benefit of increasing the flow or saliva, moisten the mouth, benefit the lung. In English, it means that both orange and tangerine have the function of making the mouth and throat moist. Hence, reduce the itchy or irritation that cause cough.
  • Orange in Chinese Medicine has the property of neutral and sweet, so orange adds benefits to the stomach and spleen and nourish Yin of those two organ. It means that orange is good for cough that is dry, and it is also safer for long term use.
  • Tangerine on the other hand, has the property of acid and bitter, and it also has the additional function of moisten the lung, stopping coughing, and reducing phlegm. Yes, tangerine is with more functions, and one of them directly say “stopping coughing”. However, because tangerine is also warm and damp in its property, long term use of it might cause discomfort of stomach and some other heat symptoms. Simply put, it will be good to use tangerine to reduce phlegm and quicker stopping cough, but it is not good for long term use.


Alright, that should be enough for the theory. This easy to prepare home remedy can be prepared in the following steps:

  1. Soak orange or tangerine in salt water for 15 minutes. For 1 cup of water, 1 tea spoon of salt is enough. (This step is optional. It is in some recipes, but most of the recipe skip this step. I think the idea is to clean the orange or tangerine better.)
  2. Cut the top of the orange or tangerine as how it is in the picture above, and add about 1/2 to 1 tea spoon or salt to the opening area. To have better result, some people recommend using fork or chopsticks to poke salts into the orange/tangerine.
  3. Place the top of the orange or tangerine back to close the opening. Then put the orange in a bowl without water. Then place this in a steamer for 15 minutes.
  4. Serve when it is warm.

Eat this orange or tangerine and drink everything in the bowl while it is still warm. Don’t eat the peels. For kids and baby, use orange first as it is milder. For those who don’t like to eat the orange or tangerine, you can just squeeze the juice out and drink the juice. Enjoy!

2 comments

WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 


EmoticonEmoticon