Sunday, January 4, 2015

Not So Sweet .....

Meal Plan: Week of 1/5 - 1/11. 

So, with the holidays and being sick with acute bronchitis, my eating has gotten a bit off-track.  Never a good thing.  It is NOT just about the number on the scale.  My body just feels "blech".  Bloated, foggy, and inflamed.  No good!

I've also recently discovered that I am borderline hypothyroid and am experiencing nearly ALL of the classic symptoms.  My first line of attack with this is going to be to eliminate sugar and gluten from my diet and see if that is of help.

That being said, some fellow fitness friends and I are going to do a 21 Day Sugar Detox, virtually, starting tomorrow (January 5th).  Menu-planning will be key!  It always is when feeding a health family, in my opinion. 

There is a ton of info out there on the 21 Day Sugar Detox, so check it out.  Lots of guidelines, recipes, and information ...... free and online, and also there are book(s) available for purchase.

By the way, if you'd like to join us and want some extra support, please let me know!

Anyway, so I've started a new recipe board on Pinterest for these recipes here.  Please be patient with me, as I'm still learning about this program, and may modify slightly for my personal health needs and my family's needs!


This Spicy Turkey Taco Burger recipe (with homemade guac -- of course), is one of our faves!

Here is our menu-plan for the week ahead:

Monday:  Lemon Garlic Basil Chicken
Tuesday:  Leftovers 
Wednesday:  Spaghetti Squash Bolognese (this one sounds SO yummy!)
Thursday:  Spicy Turkey Taco Burgers with Homemade Guacamole [sans cheese]- one of my faves!
Friday:  Skinnytaste's Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Saturday:  Family in town visiting / possible dinner out
Sunday:  Baked Chicken Strips with Honey-Mustard Sauce

If you have done the 21 Day Sugar Detox, I would love to hear about your experiences - both good and bad!  And, any advice that you can offer this "newbie" would be greatly appreciated! 

ALL THE BEST,


EmoticonEmoticon