Need an appetizer for a holiday party? We are taking this one to a New Year's Eve party this evening.
All the taste, without all of the guilt!
Skinny Seven-Layer Taco Dip
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa, low sodium
- 1 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning mix (I make mine homemade, using this recipe.)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, non-fat
- 1 cup salsa, low sodium
- 3 medium avocados, pitted & skin removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 small jalapeño, finely diced
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 cup Tex Mex, Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted & sliced
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork. Add remaining Bean Layer ingredients and mix. Spread the mixture in 8 x 11 baking (clear) dish or onto any other large serving platter.
- Spread White Layer over the beans followed by a Salsa Layer.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with a fork and add remaining ingredients from Guacamole Layer. Mix and spread on top of Salsa Layer.
- Place a layer of lettuce over the Guacamole Layer and top with cheese. Garnish with black olives. Serve immediately with any healthy tortilla chips.
An estimate for the 21 Day Fix with 8 servings: 1/2 a green, 1/2 a red, 2 blues, 1/2 a yellow.
If you would like to participate in one of my monthly 21 Day Fix online accountability groups, get in touch with me here, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Give this one a try, and let me know how you like it!
Have a healthy and happy New Year's!
ALL THE BEST,