Besides being extremely fresh, lemon water can nourish our body with the minerals, vitamins, and trace elements it requires. It is considered as the best natural energy booster.
In the morning, the tissues in our body are dehydrated and require water in order to eliminate the toxins and rejuvenate the cells.
So, lemon water can help you to regulate proper function of kidney and digestive tract, and eliminate intestinal toxins.
20 Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
1. Lemon water contains good amounts of electrolytes such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium which have the ability to hydrate the body.
2. It is extremely beneficial for the joints. It can reduce pain in the muscles and joints.
3. It has a rich content of citric acid and can help digestion. Lemon water interacts with other acids and enzymes which help digestion and effectively stimulate the secretion of gastric juice.
4. As we said before, lemon water contains enzymes which stimulate the liver to produce enzymes.
5. It has the ability to cleanse the liver. Moreover, it stimulates the liver to release toxins.
6. Lemon water possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties. So, lemon water treats sore throats, inflammation of the tonsils, and infections.
7. Warm lemon water has the ability to regulate natural bowel movement.
8. It is very beneficial for the work of metabolism. Being a potent antioxidant, lemon can strengthen the immune system and protect the body from free radicals.
9. Lemon is rich in potassium, so lemon water is very beneficial for the proper function of the nervous system.
Low levels of potassium in the blood are the main causes of anxiety and depression. In order to ensure sustainable signals to the heart, our nervous system requires a sufficient amount of potassium.
10. It has the ability to cleanse blood vessels, arteries, and blood.
11. Lemon water is very beneficial for lowering blood pressure. By consuming only one lemon a day, you will be able to reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
12. Lemon water creates an alkalizing environment in the body and can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. With higher pH, your body will be able to prevent many diseases
13. It is extremely beneficial for the skin. Lemon is abundant with vitamin C, and has the ability to rejuvenate the body, thus improving our skin. The regular consumption of lemon water will significantly improve the condition of your skin.
14. Lemon water can dilute the of uric acid, the accumulation of which is responsible for joints and gout pain.
15. It is highly recommended for pregnant women. Lemon acts as an adaptogen due to its abundance of vitamin C, thus protecting the body from viruses such as colds. Moreover, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue, brain cells and nervous system of the unborn baby.
16. It has the ability to relieve heartburn. Just mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
17. Lemon water can dissolve kidney stones, pancreatic stones, calcium deposits, and gallstones.
18. It can be very beneficial for weight loss due to its content of pectin fiber which has the ability to suppress hunger cravings. Many studies showed that individuals who followed an alkaline diet, managed to lose weight faster.
19. Lemon water is very beneficial in the case of gingivitis and tooth pain.
20. Lemons are highly alkaline food and can prevent cancer. According to a number of studies, cancer can’t thrive in an alkaline environment.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
To make this healthy drink you need some warm water (it does not have to boil). Avoid cold water, because the body needs more time to process cold than hot water.
Also, use fresh, organic lemon, if possible — avoid store bought lemon juice. Juice at least half of lemon or lime and add it in a cup of warm water.
Drink your warm lemon water in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Some recommend a drink of water one hour before meals for maximum results.