Thursday, July 3, 2014

Grilling Favorites: 4 for the Fourth

When I think of the Fourth of July holiday, grilling comes right after fireworks in my mind. So as we get ready to enjoy the big holiday, I thought I'd roundup some of my favorite recipes from the grill. Each photo is followed by a link to the original recipe so you can quickly navigate to the one you'd like to try. Let me know how it comes out, or drop a comment about what's on your grill these days!

Grilled Ribeye Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub

Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub Starting with grilled beef seemed like the right thing to do for the big American summer holiday. This simple rub adds some nice flavor with out much effort. If you're grilling a flavorful cut such as the ribeye shown in the picture, you don't need much adornment for a tasty entree!

Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa from Cooking Chat. #healthyeating

Grilled Swordfish Topped with Pineapple Salsa Another great summer grilling strategy is to counter the hot weather with a refreshing topping. The pineapple salsa here certainly fits the bill. I love grilled swordfish, and this is a flavorful way to enjoy it. The salsa works nicely on chicken, too.


Burgers topped with Garlicky Arugula. 1 of Cooking Chat's "4 for the Fourth"

Burgers Topped with Garlicky Arugula Burgers are a mainstay on the Fourth, of course. I don't actually have many burger recipes here on Cooking Chat. Typically a burger night means simply throwing some good quality (i.e. grass-fed) ground beef on the grill without doing too much else. This arugula topping was inspired by the challenge of trying to use up extra greens from our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share.

Penne with Grilled Chicken, Broccoli and Garlic via Cooking Chat

Penne with Grilled Chicken, Garlic and Broccoli: You probably weren't expecting a pasta recipe in this roundup, but I thought I'd end with something a little different. I've always been a fan of chicken, broccoli and pasta combo, so I decided to try a different version featuring grilled broccoli and chicken. If you haven't tried grilling broccoli, give it a shot! It takes on a whole new flavor as it get caramelized along with some garlic here.

OK, I've shared some of my favorites for the grill. Would love to hear about yours?

Penne with Grilled Chicken, Broccoli and Garlic via Cooking Chat



EmoticonEmoticon