Does Halloween mean the start of a long, downhill spiral for you? It used to for me. It all starts with the plethora of trick-or-treat candy, then Thanksgiving is around the corner, followed by some of our favorite Winter holidays!
It is one, long, "food festival", from the end of October until the New Year, when many make their New Year's resolutions. At the expense of 8-15 pounds for the average person!
BOO to that! So, I thought it might be beneficial to provide some tips, so that you can STOP the downhill spiral before it even STARTS.
- Plan your workouts -- especially on Halloween day. You'll feel better, have a lot more energy, and it will put you in the right mindset to make healthy choices later on that evening.
- Don't buy YOUR favorite Halloween candy. If you like chocolate, buy only sour and gummy candies to hand out to the little ones. You will find that you are much less tempted when you don't have YOUR greatest temptations immediately at hand.
- Don't skip any meals on Halloween day. You may think that you want to bank your calories for Halloween evening. Don't do it! You'll be hungry, and more likely to binge on too many sweet treats.
- HAVE A PLAN. If you do want to splurge a tiny bit, do so -- but PLAN it. If you love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, buy 2 (only!) and enjoy them. Then STOP. Don't buy a bag of peanut butter cups to hand out (see #2).
- If you have young children, the reality is that they will come home with candy. If you live in a neighborhood like we do -- they will come home with a lot of candy! Put it out of sight. If you see it daily, you are more likely to eat it. Put it away, up high, in a closet or pantry.
- Plan your workout for November 1st.
My upcoming ***SKINNNY TURKEY SLIM-DOWN!***
This short, 5-day group is coming soon, along with plenty more details! This revamped group will include a fresh, brand-NEW menu-plan and grocery list -- just in case you've participated in one of my previous free 5-day challenges.
AND, daily workouts will be provided, if you need them.
You can detox after a sugar-filled Halloween ... and before the next big holiday ---> Turkey Day!
If you want to be the first to know as details about this new group become available, click here: Skinny Turkey Slim-Down, and I'll add you to the list. Space is limited.
P.S. Did you know that Halloween is my BIRTHDAY? I'm a good witch ..... most of the time.