Friday, June 23, 2017

Vegan Blueberry Lemon & Poppyseed Loaf

Tags

This recipe was a huge hit on my Instagram page. So thank you everyone for loving this recipe and my picture so much! It has been a few weeks since I made it so I think it is time for me to make this loaf again this weekend. I love baking or making something sweet over the weekends. Do you do too? I love sharing a slice with my hubby and twins for afternoon tea!








Recipe:

2 cups of wholemeal flour
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of soy milk or nut milk
2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of lemon juice or 4 drops of lemon essential oil
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of coconut sugar- more if needed
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of poppyseeds
Pinch of salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup of frozen blueberries





1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper,
2. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together and add the nut milk, lemon juice and olive oil,
3. Mix together and gently fold in the blueberries. Do not over stir.
4. Place in your loaf and cook for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted is clean.
5. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
Top with coconut yogurt (optional)







EmoticonEmoticon