Sunday, September 10, 2017

First Week in Orange NSW!



We have recently moved to Orange, Nsw- a lovely country town 3.5 hours from Sydney. We are really falling in love with the countryside, the cafes and restaurants and family life in a small towm. We are not used to the cold and it has been very cold for the past week. 2 degrees in the morning and a top of 9 degrees in the afternoon with a cold breeze!

We moved here from Perth for my husband’s job at the mine near Orange.

Orange has a lot to do and see between lake Canabolas, all the pretty wineries, Mount Canobolas. It is a cute town with cherry blossom trees at the moment.

We also love the fact that everytime we put a destination in our google map it tells us it is 5-12 minutes away! It takes 5 minutes from our temporary house to see cows and sheep right outside of town.

If any of you is ever in the region I recommend visiting!

So far I am loving the following addresses: (I plan on updating my blog with some great Orange finds along the way)

  •       Byng Street Café- the best soy flat white I have had so far- (they use Bonsoy) and they had a delicious mushrooms on toast breakfast. I plan on going again soon and trying out other items on the menu.
  •       The Greenhouse of Orange- if this place was in Perth or Sydney it would be booked out all the time! It is huge and they offer so many things- delicious lunch and dinner focusing on local produce, a great rooftop serving pizza and street foods and an amazing family pavillon with an indoor and outdoor kids playground. This will be a very regular outing for the twins and I!
  •       Local red wines- I have been enjoying Climbing Shiraz, Philip Shaw Idiot shiraz and Heifer shiraz. I haven’t tried too many yet as I have only been there 1 week! Haha
  •        Mount Canabolas, Lake Canabolas for some pretty scenery and fitness. We ran around the lake and it was a nice 2.4km loop with a few hills.
  •        The local farmers market.
  •        Cook Park. – a very pretty old-fashioned and European styled park. It reminded me of my childhood parks in France.
  •       The Agrestic Grocer for coffee and their local organic produce.



EmoticonEmoticon