Lemon drink is quite popular due to its health benefits. It is recommended by alternative medicine that one should drink warm lemon water in the morning. When you use this trick it helps to boost the metabolism and also aids to weight loss.
It is amazing to know that lemon is considered as one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world and definitely our ancestors were well aware of the advantage of lemon juice.
When Life Gives You Lemons…
There is a never ending list of nutrients which one can gain through consumption of lemon juice. It is a rich source of minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin A, B1, B6 & C. Along with magnesium, potassium, calcium, pectin, bioflavonoids, folic acid and phosphorous.
Lemon juice protects our body from different infections, diseases and health disorders. The regular intake of lemon juice provides positive effects on the functioning of stomach, gut and liver. Also, it improves your overall immune system.
The Ultimate Alkaline Superstar
This might me a new information for you as all of us consider lemon as an acidic food. But actually, it has very low content of sugar and high content of alkaline minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium. This all together provides that lemons have an alkalizing effect on our body.
Thus, lemon juice one fully metabolized in the body its minerals get dissociated in out blood stream. This is an alkalizing effect which raises the pH of our body tissues.
Along with the lemon juice, the peels of lemon are antiseptic in nature and lemon leaves are actively used in the alternative medicine to reduce fever.
How To Use Lemons For Joint Pain?
The use of lemons to relieve the joint pain is quite unpopular among people. Lemon peel consists of essential oils which help to relax the blood vessels. It also consists of anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the nerve and joint pain.
Here are two methods in which you can use the lemon peel to reduce the inflammation and pain in joints.
Method- 1 Wrap Grated Lemon Peel
Things you need
- Lemon peel- 2 (from 2 medium sized lemons)
- Take peel of 2 lemons and grate it careful.
- Only grate the yellow part of lemon peel and not the white one.
- Now, rub the peel directly on the affected part.
- Wrap it using a bandage.
- Leave the bandage on for 2 hours.
- Use this remedy twice a day to get rid of joint pain.
- Method- 2 Lemon peel with olive oil
- Lemon peel- from 3 lemons
- Olive oil- ½ glass jar
- Glass jar- 1
- Take peel of 3 lemons and put it in a glass jar.
- Now, fill the jar with extra virgin olive oil.
- Close the jar with its lid and allow the mixture to sit for 2 weeks.
- Now, rub the oil on the affected area and wrap it with gauze.
- Allow it to remain overnight.
- Use this remedy every night to reduce the joint pain quickly.