Skin icing is one of the most popular modern beauty rituals and it contributes to better looking skin. Beauty experts have long used this therapy in spas and skin care treatments, thanks to its wide range of benefits.
Korean women are known for their detailed beauty rituals and skin icing is a regular technique in their skin care treatments.
Health experts believe that skin icing is able to:
Refresh the face
Prevent the formation of wrinkles
Fight acne and blemishes
Improve blood circulation and give the skin a healthy complexion
We have listed more benefits provided by this morning and evening ritual:
1. Smoother Skin
Skin icing tightens skin and shrinks enlarged pores by unclogging the pores that look larger because of excess sebum and debris. Skin icing tones face skin and makes it look smooth.
2. Pore Primer
Skin icing is a cheap skin toner and works great when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, and the foundation looks smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and then apply your primer.
3. Improves Circulation
Skin icing improves blood circulation. Ice constricts blood vessels and less blood goes to the skin surface. This is great in cases of inflammation or swelling. The body responds to the cold treatment and sends an increased flow of warm blood to the treated area.
4. Great For Puffy Eyes
Skin icing reduces swellings, and thus reduces the bags under your eyes.
5. Wrinkle Buster
Icing eases the signs of wrinkles and slows the creation of new wrinkles.
6. Control Blemishes
Skin icing reduces swelling and redness, so it is great for pimples. The ice also soothes irritation.
Apply the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple and it will slow the inflammation. This will help you reduce the size and number of blemishes. Hold an ice cube on the acne for several seconds, or until it feels a little numb. Repeat the technique every other night.
Skin icing does not require any special effort. Do it in the morning and/or evening. Follow these instructions:
1. First, cleanse your face thoroughly.
2. Wrap one or two ice cubes in a gauze or any other kind of soft cloth.
3. When the ice starts melting and dampens the cloth, apply it to the face.
4. Hold it on different areas on the face for 1-2 minutes.
5. Move the ice gently using circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Take special care for the area underneath your eyes.
6. Finish with toner, acne treatment or moisturizer.
1. Skin icing is often applied without covering the ice cubes. If that is your choice as well, make sure you wear gloves because you will not be able to hold the ice for long if you do it with bare hands.
2. Do not worry if you cannot use ice directly on the skin. The same effect can be achieved when holding the cubes with a soft cloth.
3. If you still decide to use bare ice, do not apply it straight from the freezer, as it can break the capillaries under the skin.
4. Avoid using ice if you already have broken capillaries and do not use it for too long.
5. Stop the treatment if you feel uncomfortable. The icing should not be applied for more than 15 minutes.
6. For better results, add come lemon, rosewater, green tea, cucumber, chamomile tea, and other skin-friendly ingredients to the water for the ice cubes, depending on your skin type.