Sunday, May 10, 2015

Get Your Kids Involved! Weekly Meal Plan: 5/11/15 - 5/17/15

Get Your Kids Involved!

Do you struggle with picky eaters? 

We are NOT perfect in this household, either.  But, I work towards progress, not perfection -- in all areas of our health.



My cuties.  :-)
I AM happy to say that my kids will eat chicken, fish, beef, and shrimp.  They eat quite a few vegetables.  They have started to try more spicy foods (especially my son).  They LOVE couscous.  We are still working on quinoa.  LOL.  BUT, I must say that when my children are involved in the planning process, they are more likely to eat what is prepared.

Try asking your children what foods they would like to eat during the week. Get them involved in the planning process.  We all know that when we have more control over our choices, things tend to go a little easier.

Now, I’m not suggesting you give your kids executive control over grocery shopping habits and meal planning.  But it is kind of like you’re teaching them how to ride a bike without training wheels:

Practice.  Exposure.  Repeat.

And, maybe -- just maybe --  they'll slowly start letting go of the iron grip on the back of the seat.

21 Day Fix Meal Plan

So, here is our plan for the week ahead!

Weekly Meal Plan: 5/11/15 - 5/17/15

Monday:  Turkey Taco Quinoa Bake
Tuesday:  Slow-Cooker Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches with Veggies (new recipe coming!)
Wednesday:  Grilled Chicken on a Mixed Green Salad (Flavor God Seasoning)
Thursday:  Spicy Mexican Shrimp with Jasmine Rice
Friday:  Homemade Pizza Night
Saturday:  Dinner Out
Sunday:  Turkey Taco Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries

ALL of these dinners are 21-Day Fix compliant.  The rest of my meals are composed of:
  • Shakeology
  • Eggs and vegetables
  • Fruits and vegetables
  • Almonds and cashews
  • Greek yogurt
  • And, leftovers!
If you would like to participate in one of my upcoming monthly online accountability groups (21 Day Fix), please get in touch with me here.  I would love for you to join me.

Also .... please let me know if you try any of the above recipes!  Drop me an email or a comment on my blog.

XO
ALL THE BEST,


EmoticonEmoticon