Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Slow-Cooker Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches: 21 Day Fix - Approved!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

This was a HUGE hit with my family.  Especially my son - the infamous chicken-hater.  He had two sandwiches .... and asked if he could take one for lunch the following day.  THAT is progress in my house. 

For my family, I served these on whole-wheat rolls.  I used a deli-flat with mine.  So good.  Serve these with a side salad and you've got a quick-and-easy meal.

Oh, and my son also asked if I could make these again next week.  SCORE.


21 Day Fix Slow-Cooker Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches


Slow-Cooker 21 Day Fix Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
  • 4  boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
  • 2-3 Tbsp. coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
  • 1 Tbsp. local, organic honey 
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Instructions:

Put all ingredients into crock pot, and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Shred chicken to serve.  Enjoy on your choice of bread or wrap.

It really is that simple!

(21 Day Fixers:  Measure out your chicken and count that as 1 "red".  I added a little more honey than the recipe called for, so I counted a that as one of my "teaspoons".  Count the appropriate number of "yellows" for what you use as your sandwich base.)

If you would like to participate in one of my monthly 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme online accountability groups, get in touch with me here.


If you give this recipe a try (or any of my other 21 Day Fix approved recipes), please let me know.  I would love to hear how it went!

Drop a comment below ..... or contact me here

XO
ALL THE BEST,


EmoticonEmoticon